Skip to main content

Social Security Administration rejects whistleblower claims of security lapses

Social Security,Business,Politics

From the Right

EXCLUSIVE — The Social Security Administration (SSA) on Tuesday told lawmakers its systems are secure and pushed back on allegations from a former senior official who claimed the agency mishandled sensitive personal data. In a letter to Senate Finance Committee Chairman Mike Crapo (R-ID), SSA Commissioner Frank Bisignano said the agency found no evidence that its Numident database, which contains personally identifiable information on nearly every American, had been “accessed, leaked, hacked, or shared in any unauthorized fashion.” The inquiry stemmed from a complaint filed by Charles “Chuck” Borges, the...

AllSides Picks

More News about Business

News from the Left

News from the Center

News from the Right