Below is a list of open positions with AllSides. If there are no open positions or no positions that apply to you, but you still are interested in working for us, please send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest and how you could be a good fit.
Web Design & Development Internship
Summer 2021 · Paid internship · Part-time · Fully remote
AllSides is seeking a Web Design & Development intern to assist with a number of design improvements on allsides.com. This role reports to our Director of Product.
Qualified candidates must have the following:
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Experience conceptualizing & implementing clean, responsive, user-friendly design
- Knowledge of standard web UI and best practices
In addition, the ideal candidate has superb attention to detail and the ability to solve problems and learn skills independently. AllSides will provide guidance and encourage questions, but the candidate should be able to take specifications for an end result and determine the best way to get there.
Other skills that are appreciated, but not required:
- Experience with wireframing & prototyping tools
- Experience with visual & graphic design for brands, marketing, or publications
- Experience with Drupal or Wordpress
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards & best practices
To apply, please send the following:
- Your resume
- A brief cover letter, as an attachment or in the body of your email. In your letter, please introduce yourself and indicate what your favorite CSS property is and why.
- 2 or 3 interactive examples of web-based projects you have completed. This could be a live site or page, a zip file, or a github link. Do not include still images or mockups.
Application materials can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Web Design & Development Internship” in the subject line.
AllSides strengthens our society with balanced news, diverse perspectives, and real conversation. Our mission is to free people from filter bubbles so they can better understand the world — and each other.
We expose people to information and ideas from all sides of the political spectrum so they can know more, avoid manipulation, and decide for themselves. Our balanced news coverage, media bias ratings, civil dialogue opportunities, and technology platform are available for everyone and can be integrated by schools, nonprofits, media companies, and more. We also partner with the Mediators Foundation and Living Room Conversations to operate a nonprofit, AllSides for Schools, that provides tools and resources used in classrooms in all 50 states.
AllSides fights filter bubbles and polarization by helping people to gain a broader view. We believe diversity in thought and relationships heals divides. Learn more about us here.