Below is a list of open positions with AllSides. If there are no open positions or no positions that apply to you, but you still are interested in working for us, please send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest and how you could be a good fit.
Note, we often offer internship positions, especially for journalists looking to build their experiences, and are likely to offer some new internship positions in the near future. We will post here when we have new openings, but if interested, you can go ahead and send a resume and cover letter today.
Part-Time | Remote or Hybrid (San Francisco)
The AllSides team is seeking an Executive Assistant to support our CEO. The ideal candidate is supremely organized, proactive, and detail-oriented, with excellent communication and prioritization skills. While we prefer candidates who are based in the Bay Area, this role can be completely remote for the right candidate. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Flexible hours – 5-10 hours per week. Opportunity for increased hours depending on interest and availability.
- Provide administrative assistance for AllSides CEO, including managing calendar and meeting schedule, fielding inquiries, managing follow-ups, writing e-mails, booking travel, and drafting correspondence.
- Check in multiple times per week, usually remotely but occasionally in person in San Francisco.
- Manage a complex calendar and execute on prioritization decisions.
- Field inbound inquiries for interviews, speaking engagements, and partnership opportunities; provide guidance as to which are high value and should be prioritized, then manage follow-through.
- Provide logistical support for meetings and travel.
- Depending on interest, skills and availability, may also lead or support other projects for the CEO or in support of the broader mission.
- Previous experience required
- Strong organizational skills
- Competency with Google G Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Calendar, Spreadsheets).
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent capacity for follow-through, ensuring relationships are maintained and strengthened.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Self-directed and enthusiastic — you aren't a procrastinator, and get things done in a timely manner.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a short cover letter, and any additional materials or references you like. Put “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
[Time Period] · Part-time · Fully remote
Qualified candidates must have the following:
Other skills that are appreciated, but not required:
To apply, please send the following:
- Your resume
- A brief cover letter, as an attachment or in the body of your email.
Application materials can be sent to email@example.com with “[Job Title]” in the subject line.