Skip to main content

Karl Rove Says He Knew of Allegations Against Lincoln Project's John Weaver For 32 Years

Sexual Misconduct,Lincoln Project,Politics

From the Center

Republican strategist Karl Rove said Monday he had been aware of allegations of sexual impropriety against The Lincoln Project co-founder John Weaver for more than 30 years.

On Sunday, The New York Times reported that Weaver had sexually harassed at least 21 men online, sometimes saying he would help them obtain work in politics. One of the individuals Weaver sent suggestive messages to was allegedly 14 years old when Weaver first contacted him.

The Lincoln Project disavowed Weaver in a Sunday statement. Weaver acknowledged the allegations of sexual harassment in a January statement. In a Monday appearance on Fox News, Rove said he had been aware of Weaver's alleged behavior for more than three decades.

AllSides Picks

More News about Sexual Misconduct

News from the Left

News from the Center

News from the Right