Elon Musk Releasing Full Details About How Twitter Censored Hunter Biden Laptop Scandal
Media Industry,Twitter,Elon Musk,Hunter Biden,Media Bias,New York Post,Free Speech,Social Media
Twitter CEO Elon Musk said Friday afternoon that he will release more information about how the platform censored the New York Post’s bombshell report about Hunter Biden’s laptop just weeks before the 2020 presidential election.
Musk tweeted, “What really happened with the Hunter Biden story suppression by Twitter will be published on Twitter at 5pm ET!”
“This will be awesome,” Musk added. “Will include live Q&A.”
The statement from Musk comes after said last month that releasing details of what happened was “necessary to restore public trust” in the platform.
The New York Post first reported messages from Biden’s laptop in October 2020, weeks before a presidential election. Social media giants, including Twitter, cracked down on the story to prevent its spread. Current and former national security officials claimed at the time that the Biden story was likely Russian disinformation and a veiled attempt from Moscow to intervene in U.S. elections.