It is always fun and revealing to see the different headlines for the same event, especially a big event loaded with politics like the first Presidential debate. I picked prominent headlines on the front pages:
From the Left:
- Huffington Post: "Romney wins the night" or same story with a different title: "Obama-Romney Debate: Mitt Romney Stays Light On Detail"
- Washington Post: "Romney goes on offense, forcing Obama to defend record"
- LA Times: "Round One goes to Romney, by many measures"
- NBC News: "Policy differences take center stage in first presidential debate" or Video titled "Obama didn't close the sale"
- CBS News: "Debate analysis: Romney lands blows against cautious Obama"
- New York Times: "Obama and Romney Tangle on Economy"
From the Center:
- NPR: "Obama & Romney: 'Corporate Executive' Vs. The 'Government Professor'" or "Swing State Debate Watchers Give First Round To Romney, And Lehrer The Loss"
- CNN: "Romney comes on strong - 67%: Romney beat Obama in debate"
- ABC: "Romney Comes Out Swinging in First Debate"
- International Business Times: "Romney On The Attack On Economy, Health Care"
From the Right:
- Fox News: "Romney hits President on economy, as Obama defends progress made" and "Pundits on both sides give Romney edge in first debate as campaigns look to round 2"
- Washington Times: "Romney attacks Obama’s ‘trickle down government’ in first debate"
- Wall Street Journal - Opinion Page: "Romney Takes the Stage - The Republican dominates the first Presidential debate"
- Newsmax: "Romney 1, Obama 0"
- Townhall: "Romney Dominates In First Debate"