MGM Settles With Vegas Shooting Survivors

Headline Roundup October 3rd, 2019

Las Vegas casino titan MGM Grand has reached a settlement worth up to $800 million with survivors of last year's infamous shooting at its Mandalay Bay resort, which killed 58 and wounded roughly 700. The settlement is not an admission of liability by MGM; the company attempted to relinquish liability when it counter-sued families of victims.

MGM Settles With Vegas Shooting Survivors

From the Center
5068

MGM Resorts International has agreed to pay up to $800 million to settle thousands of liability claims stemming from the 2017 mass shooting in Las Vegas, lawyers announced Thursday, almost exactly two years after the bloodshed.

On Oct. 1, 2017, a gunman on the 32rd floor of the MGM-owned Mandalay Bay resort rained bullets on crowd of people at a country music festival, killing 58 and injuring hundreds.

Lawyers representing survivors and victims wanted MGM held liable for negligence because the shooter was able to enter the hotel with luggage...

Read full story
From the Right
5068

A massive settlement is expected to resolve lawsuits related to the Las Vegas massacre two years ago, according to a new report.

An exact settlement amount has not yet been disclosed, but MGM Resorts International has previously said in financial filings that it expects to pay up to $800 million to victims of the mass shooting, sources told ABC News.

Read full story
From the Left
5068

(CNN)MGM Resorts International and the victims of the Las Vegas mass shooting reached a landmark settlement worth between $735 million and $800 million, depending on the number of claimants, MGM said in a statement Thursday.

MGM said the settlement is not an admission of liability in the October 1, 2017 mass shooting that left 58 dead and hundreds wounded or injured. It is the worst mass shooting in modern American history.
"Our goal has always been to resolve these matters so our community and the victims and their families...

Read full story