British couple died on holiday after adjoining room fumigated for bed bugs

Posted on AllSides November 10th, 2023
From The Left
Mohamed El-Shahed/AFP/Getty Images

A British couple died from carbon monoxide poisoning while on holiday at a luxury resort in Egypt after the room next door was sprayed with pesticide to kill bed bugs, a coroner has found.

John and Susan Cooper were staying at the Steigenberger Aqua Magic Hotel in the Red Sea resort of Hurghada in August 2018, when the room next to theirs was fumigated with a pesticide, ‘Lambda’, for a bug infestation, the UK’s PA Media reported. In some countries, Lambda is diluted with the substance dichloromethane, which causes the...

Read full story

AllSides Picks

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/10/europe/british-couple-died-bed-bugs-egypt-intl/index.html

More News about General News from the Left, Center and Right

From the Left

From the Center

From the Right