Ford suddenly pauses massive EV battery project that Republicans are probing over CCP ties
U.S. automaker Ford Motor Company announced Monday that it would pause construction of a billion-dollar plant in Michigan involving a Chinese electric vehicle battery company.
Ford said in a statement to FOX Business that work on the factory had been paused and spending would be limited, but declined to pinpoint the exact considerations that factored into the decision. The Detroit-based company also said it hadn't made a final decision about the project despite repeatedly defending it for months.
"We’re pausing work and limiting spending on construction on the Marshall project...