See Local News
Get Balanced News From Your U.S. State.
See Local News
See all locals

Electrical failure caused underground fire in downtown Colorado Springs

Posted on AllSides September 13th, 2023
From The Center

An electrical failure sparked an underground fire that knocked out power to scores of businesses and residences in downtown Colorado Springs on Monday and Tuesday, Steve Berry, a spokesman for Colorado Springs Utilities, said Wednesday. Crews had yet to determine which piece of equipment failed and why. As of Wednesday morning, 10 customers in three downtown buildings were still without power, Berry said, down from 130 customers on Tuesday afternoon. Just after 2:30 a.m. Monday, firefighters responded to reports of an underground fire shooting flames through manholes on Kiowa Street...

Read full story

AllSides Picks

https://gazette.com/news/fire/electrical-failure-caused-underground-fire-in-downtown-colorado-springs/article_3f93618c-5257-11ee-83d4-8f1cbfa2ef49.html

More News about General News from the Left, Center and Right

From the Left

From the Center

From the Right